The full recruitment notice and application instructions are available here. Below you’ll find the job description and main requirements:
UPM is now looking for an Advanced Analytics Specialist to work together with UPM businesses to analyze and solve data-oriented business challenges. The position is located in Helsinki, Finland.
Greetings from your future manager
“The selected applicant will apply technical skills for highly relevant business problems in a company full of exciting opportunities. In addition to meaningful projects, we offer a working environment that supports self-development, innovative ideas, and modern ways of working.” – Matti Vuorinen, Director, Advanced Analytics
What you’ll do
The Advanced Analytics team is a part of UPM’s digitalization agenda. Its purpose is to enable UPM businesses to save costs, improve processes and find new solutions by utilizing data, mathematical modelling, and tool development in both business specific and UPM wide projects and programs.
In this position, you will:
- Take initiative and work together with business experts across UPM
- Coordinate and participate in projects where mathematical methodologies such as machine learning, optimization and statistical analysis are applied to real-life business challenges that have significant value for UPM
- Develop tools using e.g. Python programming language in modern cloud environments
- Contribute to developing analytics culture and ways of working both in the team, and in UPM as a whole
Who you are
- You have a Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Financial Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent
- You have deep technical knowledge and experience in machine learning, optimization, stochastics and Python-programming
- You are positive, willing to co-operate with business experts, and have good English communications skills. Fluent Finnish and German are assets
- Work experience from different UPM Business Areas is an asset
- Proven ability and enthusiasm to deliver results in the form of software is an asset
Read the full recruitment notice and apply here.